Q and I had a zoo day this weekend. We had SO much fun!! She absolutely loves her animals, and we've been practicing all their names and sounds in several books that we have. She's gotten quite good with them, and knows so many. Its so easy to get carried away thinking you have the smartest baby on the planet. It's so amazing how smart babies are, and how quickly they learn new things.
The mural on the outside wall of the zoo would've probably been enough for Q, she squealed all the animal names as soon as we pulled up. "Zebra!! Zebra!! Lion!! Rawrrr!! Monkey! Ooo ooh!" She was so excited!
We spent the next hour that morning, cruising around looking at all the animals- squaking parrots, numerous peacocks, coatis, goats and deer of all types, camels, bobcats, lions, tigers, zebras, monkeys, baboons, and even a hyena. It was fun.
I've appreciated every minute that I've been able to spend with Q since taking the positive test. I know that our world will soon change, and none more drastically than hers. Right now, this is our special time together. I get to pick her up and cuddle with her during her morning bottle. I get to hold her hand while we walk to school together. Just the two of us. She is lavished with our attention, and she deserves it.
The reality probably has yet to sink in, but right now, I am very excited about this next step. The fearful shock has worn off (though I'm guessing will come and go over the next several months). Little Q is so awesome, and it will be so cool to have another just like her...but different.
No comments:
Post a Comment